How to Pay Advance Tax: The procedure to deposit advance tax is similar to income tax. Advance tax is itself an income tax. We call it advance tax as we deposit in in advance before the due date of income tax. So the procedure is the same as income tax. After calculation of advance tax, you can deposit advance tax offline or online.
Online Procedure to Deposit Advance Tax
Online Payment of Advance Tax F.Y.2022-23: All assessees may deposit advance tax electronically. There are no restrictions for any person for depositing online advance tax. But for some assessees, an online deposit of advance tax is mandatory like companies and assesses whose accounts are audited.
Deposit Advance Tax Online – Visit Here – Use CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280 for Payment of Advance TAx
- You can deposit advance tax online by credit card or debit card or by internet banking.
- You can deposit advance tax through your own account or you can use another bank account. But you have to fill challan no. 280 online clearly by stating your own name, address, PAN and other details properly.
Offline Procedure to Deposit Advance Tax
Offline Payment of Advance Tax for F.Y. 2022-23: You have to fill up challan No.280 and deposit advance tax instalment along with Challan No.280 in any authorized bank branch.
You should write your name in the full, complete address, permanent account number, assessment year, assessing officer’s ward or circle where the assessee is assessed or assessable and the amount of tax and surcharge, if any, separately and properly.
Date of Payment of Advance Tax
Due Dates for Advance Tax Payment Online or Offline: The date of payment of tax is important not only for the purpose of reckoning the payment towards the relevant advance tax instalment but also for the purpose of computing interest for delay if any. If the payment is made by a cheque along with the challan into the Government treasury or the bankers authorized to collect Government receipts, and if the cheque is not dishonoured later, it shall be deemed that payment has been made on the date the cheque was so tendered.
|15% of Advance Tax
|45% of Advance Tax
|75% of Advance Tax
|100% of Advance Tax
|The taxpayers who have opted for presumptive taxation scheme under section 44AD & 44ADA Business income can pay 100% of advance tax on or before 15th March.
- Business/professional assessees declaring income under the estimated income scheme u/s 44AD or 44ADA shall be required to deposit the whole of advance tax by 15th March of the financial year.
- Any amount deposited by 31st March is treated as advance tax for that financial year.
- If the last day for payment of any instalment of advance tax is a day on which the receiving bank is closed, the assessee can make the payment on the next immediately following working day, and in such cases, the mandatory interest liable u/s 234B and 234C would not be charged.
So from above, it is clear that timely payment of advance tax is very important for you as it levied interest on late or non-payment of advance tax. So deposit your advance tax and save your penal interest. If you would like to clear your confusion about advance tax payment please comment via the comment form given below. We will try to solve your queries within 24 hours time.