I am a Normal Taxpayer/ Composition/ Casual Taxable Person/ Input Service Distributor (ISD) / SEZ Developer/ SEZ Unit. How can I register with GST?
The Registration Application for Normal Taxpayer/ Composition/ Casual Taxable Person/ Input Service Distributor (ISD)/ SEZ Developer/ SEZ Unit is same.
For registering yourself as a Normal Taxpayer/ Composition/ Casual Taxable Person/ Input Service Distributor (ISD)/ SEZ Developer/ SEZ Unit, perform the following steps:
1. Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Click the Services > Registration > New Registration option.
Alternatively, you can also click REGISTER NOW link.
The Application form is divided into two parts as Part A and Part B.
3. The New Registration page is displayed. Select the New Registration option.
4. In the I am a drop down list, select the Taxpayer as the type of taxpayer to be registered.
5. In the State/UT and District drop down list, select the state for which registration is required and district.
6. In the Legal Name of the Business (As mentioned in PAN) field, enter the legal name of your business/ entity as mentioned in the PAN database.
7. In the Permanent Account Number (PAN) field, enter PAN of your business or PAN of the Proprietor.
- PAN is mandatory for registration with GST.
- In case you don’t have PAN, you can apply for PAN. To do so, click the here link.
8. In the Email Address field, enter the email address of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
9. In the Mobile Number field, enter the valid Indian mobile number of the Primary Authorized Signatory.
Note: Different One Time Password (OTP) will be sent on your email address and mobile number you just mentioned for authentication.
10. In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, enter the captcha text.
11. Click the PROCEED button.
Note: On clicking proceed, GST Portal displays all the GSTINs / Provisional ID’s / UINs / GSTP IDs mapped to the same PAN within the State. Click the PROCEED button.
The OTP Verification page is displayed.
11. In the Mobile OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your mobile number. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes.
12. In the Email OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your email address. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes.
- OTP sent to mobile number and email address are separate.
- In case OTP is invalid, try again by clicking the Click here to resend the OTP link. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number or email ID again. Enter both the newly received OTPs again.
13. Click the PROCEED button.
The system generated Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is displayed.
Note: You will receive the TRN acknowledgment information on your e-mail address as well as your mobile number.
14. Click the PROCEED button.
Alternatively, you can also click Services > Registration > New Registration option and select the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) radio button to login using the TRN.
15. In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, enter the TRN generated and enter the captcha text as shown on the screen.
16. Click the PROCEED button. The Verify OTP page is displayed. You will receive same Mobile OTP and Email OTP. These OTPs are different from the OTPs you received in previous step.
17. In the Mobile / Email OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your mobile number and email address. OTP is valid only for 10 minutes.
- OTP sent to mobile number and email address are same.
- In case OTP is invalid, try again by clicking the Need OTP to be resent> Click here link. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number or email ID again.
Enter the newly received OTP again.
18. Click the PROCEED button.
19. The My Saved Application page is displayed. Under the Action column, click the Edit icon (icon in blue square with white pen).
- Notice the expiry date shown below in the screenshot. If the applicant doesn’t submit the application within 15 days, TRN and the entire information filled against that TRN will be purged after 15 days.
- The status of the registration application is ‘Draft’ unless the application is submitted. Once the application is submitted, the status is changed to ‘Pending for Validation’.
The Registration Application form with various tabs is displayed.
On the top of the page, there are ten tabs as Business Details, Promoter/ Partners, Authorized Signatory, Authorized Representative, Principal Place of Business, Additional Places of Business, Goods and Services, Bank Accounts, State Specific Information and Verification. Click each tab to enter the details.
Note: Details to be entered in Bank Accounts tab has been made optional w.e.f. 27th Dec 2018 . You can now enter the Bank Accounts details by filing an Amendment application only. Post grant of GSTIN, when you login for the first time on the GST Portal, you will be prompted to file a non-core amendment application to enter Bank Accounts details.
8 thoughts on “How to Get GST Registration Number Online? Step by Step with Images”
As per the above Chart of Registration Procedure, My client doesn’t get the GSTIN Certificate yet since the application is successfully submitted and ARN also received on 01.07.2017. Almost 7 days gone, still GSTIN not generated.
S. Subburayalu, Check Your email or dashboard, if concerned department raise any query? If not then please contact customer support of GST. Call them and ask why GSTIN is not generated? Otherwise tell your ARN so that we can ask their custom support. Thanks
any deposit to be done for new registration
Thanks a lot you are sharing about Gst new registration its helps to all
whether is it essential to produce the original document to officer for gst registration
Good Informaton, is there any environment available to get the feel of GST site (India) before go live
Greeting Sir : related to GST sir, whic of the tax will be abolished and whic new taxes will be there and at what percentage, whether there will be levy of Luxury tax for Hotel Industry etc..