Income Tax Department has launched a new facility called Instant e-PAN. This facility is free of cost for instant allotment of e-PAN. It is a good opportunity for the persons who do not have PAN card. They can get benefit from this free-of-cost service. You are required to have a valid Aadhaar number to get the benefit of instant e-PAN. The PAN will be issued in PDF format and it is totally free of cost.
Features of Instant e-PAN
- It is a very easy and paperless procedure to get PAN. The whole procedure is online.
- You don’t have to wait for 7 days or more. It is only 10 minutes before you will get your PAN in PDF format. But later you can get a physically PAN card at your address by paying an extra fee.
- Instant e-PAN holds the same value as a physical PAN card.
- Please keep in mind that to avail of this facility of instant e-PAN, you need an Aaadhaar card and a linked mobile number. As you will get OTP to verify the detail.
- It is totally free service. So you don’t need to pay anyone for instant e-PAN allotment.
Who can use Instant e-PAN Service?
- It is only for resident individuals (except minors)
- You can use this service only if you do have not a PAN card in your name.
- You must have an active mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar Card. As the system will generate OTP on your mobile number which is activated on your Aadhar card.
Who Can Not Use Instant e-PAN Service?
- HUFs, Trusts and Companies etc.
- If you do not have an AADHAR Card.
How to Use Instant e-PAN Service?
- You should visit the official website of the income tax department i.e. https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/instant-e-pan; Direct Visit Here
- Then click on the “Instant e-PAN” option on the left-hand side.
- Then click on “Apply Instant e-PAN”.
- Now read the Guidelines as given in the next window.
- After that click on next and fill in the information asked in the form.
- After filling in all the information read at least once to remove any mistakes.
- Finally, submit it and get 15 digit acknowledgement number.
You must fill in the information that matched your Aadhar card. In case of mismatching, the validation will fail.
You must submit OTP while the verification process. The system will auto-generate and fill the data on the e-instant PAN application form.
Instant e-PAN Allotment
Once the e-PAN is successfully allotted, the applicant will receive the SMS/eMail alert. e-PAN may be downloaded in the e-Filing Portal by clicking on Instant e-PAN –> “Check Instant e-PAN Status”. Acknowledgement number and Mobile OTP (OTP will be sent to the mobile number as provided in the application form) will be validated to download the e-PAN.
The instant e-PAN is a paperless facility, there you don’t need any physical documents to send.
Application Fee for PAN Card
|For the PAN applications submitted to NSDL e-Gov where PAN is alloted or changes are confirmed by ITD within last 30 days, e-PAN card can be downloaded free of cost three times.||Free|
|If the PAN is allotted / changes in PAN Data are confirmed by ITD prior to 30 days then charges applicable for download of e-PAN Card is Rs.8.26/- (inclusive of taxes).||Rs. 8.26/-|
|Physically PAN card (at communication address)||Rs. 50/-|
Important Links for Instant e-PAN
Here are the important links like the application form, check the status of instant e-PAN, instructions to apply instant e-PAN, FAQ and more.
|Application Form||Visit Here|
|Check Status||Visit Here|
|Already PAN Number (Download e-PAN Card)||Visit Here|
|Reprint of Physically PAN Card (at communication address)||Visit Here|
|Download Form 49A||Visit Here|