As you know, PAN numbers are mandatory for all assessees. There are many benefits to having a PAN. We have provided very simple instructions here on how to apply for a new PAN. In order to make it easy for every layman to understand and apply PAN himself without any assistance from a professional. You must follow the following guidelines when filing your new application form to avoid rejection by the TIN centre. A new application form must be submitted to apply for a PAN in this case.
Instruction to Apply New PAN
- Use only new form 49A to apply for a new PAN Card. Old forms will not be accepted by TIN center. Download New form 49A (PAN Application form).
- Use black ink pen only as other colours of ink will not be accepted.
- Write the name which is on all the proofs. Don’t use abbreviate.
- Adhesive only the latest photograph. The size should be 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm. Don’t Pin up or staple the photograph as it will not be accepted.
- Sign only within the square as fixed in the application form. If the signature is out of the box then the application will be rejected. Thumb impression should be attested by the specified authority.
- Write all the information in block letters.
- Write the address cautiously; if the permanent address and correspondence address are the same, then write the same otherwise write the correspondence address carefully because the PAN card will be sent to the correspondence address. The address should be the same as on the proof of address. The landmark nearby will be helpful for the sending authority.
- The PIN code should be written correctly as it is very important.
- A telephone or Mobile Number is also very important to write.
- AO code should be written. See how to know your AO code.
- Use a new application form if there is some correction to make.
- Attach the correct proof of identity and proof of address as mentioned in the instructions page attached with the application form.
- Check PAN card status online after 3 or 4 days of the application date.
Please use the comment form if you have any queries regarding the new application of PAN. We will try to respond as early as possible most probably within 24 hours.
You can apply PAN online also -> Apply PAN Online Here
You can apply instant e-PAN here -> Apply Instant e-PAN Here