PAN Card Correction Online 2023 Complete Procedure – Changes in Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Photo Mismatch, Signature Mismatch, Detail of Parents etc.
There may be instances where there might be a slight error in the PAN CARD. It may be a spelling mistake, Date of Birth wrongly written etc. However, there is nothing to worry about as it is very simple to correct and get a correct new PAN card at your communication address. In this article, we will discuss the latest PAN Card Correction Procedure 2023 online and offline. You can apply PAN card correction online or offline.
PAN Card Correction Online
PAN Card correction will take only a few minutes. All that a person needs to have is a computer, internet connection and the required scanned documents.
Step 1- Visit NSDL Website
To begin the process of making corrections to the PAN Card, you are required to visit the official website of NDSL. The same can be done by typing the address- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html or visiting here. You can also copy-paste the above-mentioned link from here and paste it into a new tab.
Step 2- Choose “Changes or Correction in PAN Details”
Once the page loads, you are required to select the third option from the right-hand side which says “Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data)”. This will allow the user to make the changes by way of presenting the required documents as proof.
Step 3- Fill in all the information
Enter here all the existing or old information like title, last name/surname, first name, middle name, date of birth, email Id, mobile number, citizenship, PAN number. After filling in all the information check the tick mark on terms and conditions and fill in the captcha code. After being satisfied with the corrected information, hit the submit button to complete the process of making corrections to your PAN card.
Step 4- Fill Personal Detail
Now, fill in the complete detail as asked in the PAN correction form. Verify all the detail in summarised section.
Applicants can select any one of the following four options while filling online PAN Change Request application –
- Physical acknowledgement: Applicant has to print the successfully generated application form, affix recent colour photographs, duly sign in the space provided, & forward along with prescribed supporting documents to NSDL e-Gov at the below-specified address.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) : In the DSC option, an applicant needs to upload scanned images (as per defined parameters) of photo, signatures and supporting documents while making the application. No need to send the PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
- Aadhaar based e-Sign: In Aadhaar based e-Sign option, an applicant needs to upload scanned images (as per defined parameters) of photos, signatures and supporting documents while making an application. Aadhaar would be considered as a supporting document. No need to send the PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
- Aadhaar based e-KYC: In Aadhaar based e-KYC option, Aadhaar details would be considered as PAN application details (Name, Date of birth, Gender, Residential Address, Email ID, Mobile Number & Photograph) and Aadhaar as supporting documents and would be forwarded to Income Tax Department for allotment of PAN. All these fields are non-editable. The photograph used in the Aadhaar card would be used in the PAN card and there is no need to upload supporting documents, Photos and Signatures. PAN card will be dispatched at the address mentioned in Aadhaar. No need to send the PAN application form and supporting document to NSDL e-Gov.
Step 5: Make Payment
After filing the complete information make payment through debit card, credit card, or net banking. The fee to make changes/corrections in PAN card is given below.
Step 6: Print Acknowledgment
After successful payment message e-sign as per the choice selected above. Get your acknowledgement and enter your password as your date of birth. You can print the acknowledgement to track the status of your corrected PAN.
You can track the status of your PAN card correction – Detail Instructions How to Track Your PAN Card Status
PAN Correction Form 2023 Fee Detail
PAN Correction Form 2023 Fee: You can download e-PAN and get a physically corrected PAN card at your address. The fee is different for each one as follows:
Physical PAN Card and e-PAN Card (Both)
|PAN Card dispatch||Mode of PAN Application||Fee (Including GST)|
|Indian Address||e-KYC & e-Sign paperless application/e-Sign scanned based||₹ 101|
|Indian Address||Physical Mode||₹ 107|
|Foreign address||e-Sign scanned based||₹ 1017|
|Foreign address||Physical Mode||₹ 1011|
Only e-PAN card option
|Mode of PAN application||Fee (Include GST)|
|e-KYC & e-Sign paperless application/e-Sign scanned based||₹ 66|
|Physical mode||₹ 72|
Things to remember:
There are several things which a person must remember at the time of making corrections to his/ her PAN Card. Some of the key areas are:
- Wait for the payment to get confirmed. It is important to be patient till the receipt is generated by the department.
PAN Card Correction Offline
Step 1 – Download Request for New PAN Card or / And Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form. Click here to Download
Step 2 – Now, tick the column which you want to correct or change in PAN Card detail.
Step 3 – Signature on it and paste your recent photographs.
Step 4 – Submit it to the nearest “TIN Facilitation Centre’. Find PAN Card Centre here.
That’s it! You will receive your new reprinted PAN Card within 15 days.
Update: Now, you don’t need to send documents to NSDL office. After implementing the Aadhar card it is very easy to e-sign the documents. So, you just need to provide your Aadhar number it will send OTP on your Aadhar verified mobile number. That’s it!