ITR 5 A.Y. 2022-23: It is applicable to firms, LLPs, AOPs, BOIs, artificial juridical persons (AJPs), estates of deceased persons and estates of insolvency, business trusts and investment funds. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has updated ITR-5 excel and java utilities with PDF instructions. In this article, we will discuss the complete detail of ITR-5 like the procedure to file, download utility, online links and more.
Download ITR-5 Form A.Y.2022-23
Download links for ITR-5: Here is the online link available for ITR-5 in PDF format. The excel or any offline utility is not available to file ITR-5 for A.Y. 2022-23.
Who can use ITR-5 Form?
Persons eligible to file ITR-5: The following persons are eligible to file ITR-5 for A.Y.2022-23.
ITR-5 can be filed by the follower persons.
- Artificial Judicial Person
- Cooperative Society
- Registered Societies
- Local Authority
Who Can Not Use ITR-5 Form?
The following persons can not use ITR-5.
- Company and
- Person filing Form ITR-7
Due Dates of ITR-5
Due dates of ITR-5: A.Y.2022-23 – 31st July 2022 for Non-Audit Case and 31st October 2022 for Audit Case
How to Fill ITR-5 in Excel Utility
- There are lots of schedules in the ITR-5 form. So you have to navigate to each schedule applicable and fill in the data carefully which is applicable to you.
- After filing the data and information. Please validate the sheet by clicking on the “Validate” button given on each sheet. If there is an error correct it and again press validate button.
- After removing error and validation. Please click on the “Calculate Tax” button.
- After that click on generate XML.
- Save XML Button.
- Upload on http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in after login into the site.
- If you have a digital signature certificate (DSC) upload it also.
- After uploading ITR-5, the system will generate ITR-V/Acknowledgement. Download it and print it for the record.
Note: In case you do have not a digital signature certificate (DSC). You have to send ITR-V/Acknowledgement to CPC, Banglore using Ordinary post or speed post only within
120 days 30 days from the date of e-filing.
Updates: Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has reduced the time limit for confirming income tax returns (ITRs) from 120 days to 30 days after electronically transmitting the data. Here is the notification w.e.f. 1st August 2022 – Visit Here