Check all methods to the e-Verify income tax return in very easy and quick steps with pictures. You can ask us if you find an difficulty to e-verify ITR via the comment form given below. The income tax return filing process is not complete until a successful verification of the income tax return. The income tax return shall be deemed as an invalid return until verified. So, it is very important to e-verify income tax returns after submission. So to complete the filing process of Income Tax return You have to choose one of the following options:
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Aadhaar OTP
- Electronic Verification Code (Using Bank Account/Demat Account)
- Electronic Verification Code (Using Bank ATM -Offline Method)
- Net Banking
Updates: Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has reduced the time limit for confirming income tax returns (ITRs) from 120 days to 30 days after electronically transmitting the data. Here is notification No.05/2022 w.e.f. 1st August 2022 – Visit Here
Updates: CBDT provides one-time relaxation to verify e-filed returns; ITRs filed for AY 2020-21 can be verified by 28-02-2022 (Circular No.2/2021 Dt 28-12-2021)
Why I need to e-Verify ITR?
The verification of ITR is mandatory to complete the income tax return filing process. If you will not verify your Income tax return within the stipulated time then ITR will be treated as invalid. It is a very easy and fast way to e-verify income tax returns. There are two methods to verify ITR as follows:
- e-verify return online or
- Send a signed physical copy of ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore
Time Limit to e-Verify ITR
The time limit to e-Verify ITR is
120 days 30 days as per CBDT. But one can file a request for condonation of delay by providing an appropriate reason for the delay. So if there is approval for condonation then it will be treated as a valid return ever e-verify after 120 days after 30 days.
Updates: Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has reduced the time limit for confirming income tax returns (ITRs) from 120 days to 30 days after electronically transmitting the data. Here is the notification w.e.f. 1st August 2022 – Visit Here
Completion of ITR e-Verification
- A success message will appear on the screen after the e-verification of ITR.
- One email will also be sent on your registered email ID for ITR e-verification.
Benefits of e-Verification ITR
- It is a very simple and fast process for validating ITR.
- You don’t need to send any physical copy anywhere.
- There are lots of ways to e-verify ITR as mentioned above.
Prerequisite for ITR e-verification
- Your mobile number will be updated with an Aadhaar card to e-verify your income tax return with Aadhaar OTP.
- You should have an active Demat account to e-verify income tax returns with the Demat account.
- Ensure you use the correct Income tax return (ITR) form.
- Confirm that TDS under Form 16 matches deductions by the employer in form 26AS. This form can be assessed through an income tax site.
- Claim all eligible deductions from total income.
- Ensure the same name in Aadhaar card, bank statement and PAN card. Any deviation in name can affect the e-verification process.
- Link same mobile number and email ID to Aadhaar card, PAN card, and bank account as you will receive your EVC details through SMS or mail.
- Link your Aadhaar card to your bank account and Income tax website, as it is useful when you are unable to get an EVC and need an OTP.
- Obtain a digital signature and click Yes on the popup asking to digitally sign your ITR.
DSCs Mandatory for the following persons
- Individual/HUF (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Firms (If provisions of section 44AB are applicable)
- Company (in all cases)
- Political Party (In all cases)