ITR-2 A.Y.2022-23: ITR form 2 is for the individuals or HUFs who are not eligible to file the ITR-1 (Sahaj) form. In other words, you can say that individuals and HUFs who are not having income from any business and profession can use ITR 2. You can file ITR-2 online easily by following the below steps. In this article, we will discuss the detail of ITR-2 like online procedure, download links, excel utility, instructions, PDF format, amendments, FAQ and more.
Download ITR-2 Form AY 2022-23
Download ITR-2 in different formats (A.Y.2022-23): Here is the table having links to download ITR-2 in different formats. These links are the official links provided by the official websites of the income tax department e.g. incometax.gov.in. You can download easily all the formats for ITR-2 (A.Y. 2022-23) like excel utility, PDF format, FAQ and online user manual.
|ITR-2 Online User Manual (Official) ay 2022-23||Download|
|ITR 2 FAQ (Official) ay 2022-23||Download|
|ITR-2 PDF Format ay 2022-23||Download|
|Excel Utility ay 2022-23||Download|
Who can file ITR-2?
Who is eligibile to submit ITR-2 online (A.Y. 2022-23) : If you have the following incomes then you need to file ITR 2. The ITR 2 form is only for Individuals and HUF.
- Income from Salary/Pension
- Income from House Property (Even having more than one house property)
- Income from Capital Gains (Short term or Long term) even losses
- Income from other Sources
- Agricultural Income More than Rs.5000
- You can also file ITR-2 even your income exceeds Rs. 50 Lakh.
- Even the director of any company can file ITR-2 for a.y. 2022-23.
- The indviduals investest in unlisted equity shares of a company must file income tax return in the form ITR-2.
Amendments in ITR 2 Form for A.Y. 2022-23
Changes in ITR-2 for A.Y. 2022-23: Here are the latest changes made in finance act 2022. These changes are applicable for A.Y. 2022-23 and 2023-24.
- Schedule FA requires reporting of foreign assets held and foreign income earned during the calendar ending 31st December
- Additional disclosures are required in the Schedule of Capital Gains
- Dividend income taxable as per section 2(22)(e) to be reported separately
- Reporting of interest accrued on Provident Fund to which no exemption is available
- A New Schedule has been inserted for reporting of tax deferred on ESOP
- Limiting the rate of surcharge on dividend income
- Mandatory to choose the suitable option in support of residential status in India
Amendments in ITR 2 Form for A.Y. 2018-19
- The column “Profit and Gains from Business and Profession” has been removed under Part B.
- The other column of Schedule – IF (Income from the firm) and Schedule BP has also been removed. It means the individual having income from the partnership firm needs to file ITR-3, not ITR-2.
- Now RNORs and the non-residents have to file ITR-2, not ITR-1.
How to File ITR-2 Form for A.Y. 2023-23
Procedure to File ITR-2 (A.Y. 2022-23): You can file ITR-2 online or offline. Here is the complete procedure to file ITR-2 online or offline.
Filing the information in ITR-2 – Very Simple – Step by Step
|Step 1||Download ITR-2 Excel Utility|
|Step 2||Fill all worksheets and schedules as applicable in ITR-2|
|Step 3||Fill TDS detail worksheet|
|Step 4||Fill all TCS detail worksheet|
|Step 5||Fill taxes paid and verification worksheet of ITR-2 Form|
|Step 6||Fill 80G donation detail worksheet|
|Step 7||After filling in all the detail click on validate|
|Step 8||After validation click on Generate XML|
|Step 9||After XML generation, you are ready to file ITR-2|
Now Procedure to e-File ITR-2 on https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
|Step 1||Visit here -> http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/eFiling/|
|Step 2||If you already registered then login|
|Step 3||If you are not registered then click on register yourself|
|Step 4||After login click on e-file|
|Step 5||Then select assessment year and select ITR-2 here|
|Step 6||Browse your XML file as generated above|
|Step 7||Select digitally sign as Yes (if you have digital signature), if Not then select No|
|Step 8||Click on Submit button|
|Step 9||The system will generate ITR-V, Print it|
|Step 10||Send ITR-V to the address given in ITR-V|
|Step 11||E-verify your return – Check here how to e-verify Income Tax Return|
Offline Procedure to Fill and Submit ITR-2 A.Y.2022-23
You can file Income Tax Return in ITR-2 offline if you qualify for the following conditions.
- If you have less than Rs.5 lakh income and don’t want to claim a refund.
- If you are age 80 years or more.
To file offline ITR-2, you have to fill ITR-2 schedules as applicable and deposit them in your ward range income tax department office.
One should consider the last date/deadlines to file ITR-2 as delayed returns attract penal interest according to income tax rules. Please refer Income Tax Obligation Calendar to check all the deadlines for A.Y. 2022-23.